Partnering with a Sage Intacct VAR
Sage Intacct has established itself as an industry-leading provider of cloud ERP for accountants and financial professionals. There are three channels for engaging with Sage Intacct; through Direct Sales, a Value Added Reseller (VAR) or a Sage Intacct Accounting Partner (SIAP).
Let’s focus on the distinctions between the latter two options which are subtle. A VAR is a subscription reseller of Sage Intacct focused on helping clients implement and optimize Sage Intacct as well as provide ongoing support. A Sage Intacct Accounting Partner, by contrast, provides outsourced accounting services and utilizes the Sage Intacct solution.Both options have benefits. But for businesses with an internal accounting staff, a VAR proves to be the more appealing and least cost option. These are some of the unique advantages of this type of partnership:
- Process Improvements – A VAR works closely with clients to understand their business such as various processes and workflows and to identify opportunities for improvement, utilizing best practices and the like. The emphasis is on maximizing efficiency, productivity, and accuracy whenever and wherever possible.
- Consultancy Services – An SIAP is laser-focused on providing quality outsourced accounting services. A VAR is focused on helping the client improve the value the internal accounting team provides to their organization. In the case where processes span into Sales and Operations, the VAR is there to help as well. A VAR takes a more comprehensive and holistic approach to client services.
- Localized Support – Both the VAR and SIAP provide localized support in contrast to Direct Sales. In many cases, the client will be speaking with the owner of the partner firm. For something as important as accounting and finance that kind of accessible expertise proves to be a significant asset.
- Customization Options – A VAR is able to customize, provide extensions, and integrations based on the client’s unique specifications. If specific features and functions need to be adapted to better integrate with existing workflows or organizational structures, a VAR generally has more advanced capabilities.
- Client Growth– Some businesses cannot afford an accounting staff so the SIAP is a good choice for outsourcing the day-to-day accounting function. If the accounting staff is internal, there is expected high growth, and/or a need for strategic leadership, then working with the VAR is the better option in terms of cost, capability and ongoing support.
The key to success is to find a VAR with a complete commitment to serving your needs. As you begin to consider your options, reach out to InCloud360 for an in-depth consultation at no cost.